Thursday, April 9, 2015

私のミタ日本人と外国人 Japanese And Foreign People.


(日本語は英語の後に後にあります。)

Hello, I'm Kazu. Have you ever thought about ”who you really are”?  You might sometimes wonder what you actually want to do in life, even though you see a lot of people and work hard every day.

Your True Self, the most wonderful self knows all the answers.


"The true self" here doesn't mean your true feeling or real intention that is often compared with stated reasons, but the authentic self that is united as one with life of everything in the whole universe including  all the natural elements.


Therefore, of course it is common for all humanity. It is the most wonderful self that lies deep down within you.


Ever since I discovered my true self through a seminar developed by Yasuyuki Sato, I have experienced so many changes in life, and I myself got a qualification to offer the true self discovery seminar. As I present workshops both in Japanese and English, I have witnessed many wonderful experiences of people from different countries who actually met their true nature.


Today I'd like to share what I actually think when offering workshops to people from different countries. 

Of course there are so many differences between Japanese and foreign people as we have quite different cultural background. 

Having known that, to be honest, I who am a genuine Japanese always feel  a little nervous as well as excited when I give a speech in front of people from other countries.

I always think,
"Do they understand the small nuances in my speech?"
"Does this anecdote make sense to them?"
"Did they really get what I've said?"

But one of the things that I haven't got used to is the way foreign participants listen to my speech.
In the case of Japanese people, they usually sit straight in a chair and meekly listen with frequent nods.

Some even give me a big nod with softening eyes as if they encourage me. No one interrupts me with some questions.

On the other hand, foreign people especially western people who are assertive and good at making a personal statement show me quite a different attitude while listening.

To me this is sometimes quite shocking.

They are very honest and assertive, and react in a straightforward manner. But they usually lean back in a chair with their legs crossed, and give me a sharp look. They seldom nod like Japanese as they don't have such a custom. 

However, surprisingly enough whenever I face such a situation, it really turns me on. I become more and more enthusiastic and find that I give it everything that I've got. 

There is also something very interesting when I ask questions to the participants. I often receive unique and interesting answers from foreign people. 

For example, I sometimes ask people questions so that I let them grasp the intention of the exercises. These questions are usually very simple and none of the Japanese people give different answers. They all answer in a same way. However, people from other countries often amaze me with surprising answers.

All the people have such different views and different value based on their own background. But I always find the same thing that all the people want while proceeding with the workshops, that is the true love.

Tomorrow I'll share my experience when I offered the true self discovery seminar in LA. 




こんにちは、谷和代です。

自分っていったいなんだろう〜?毎日いろんな人に会ったり、頑張って仕事をしたりしているけれど、自分はいったい本当は何をしたいんだろう〜?って考えたことないですか?


自分の中にある最高に素晴らしい自分「本当の自分」はそんな答えを全部知っています!


ここでいう「本当の自分」とは、人間のいわゆる本音と立前の本音の感情ではありません。人間心ではなく、自然や動植物、宇宙にあるすべてのとひとつの生命、愛そのものの大調和した自分のことです。


ですから、もちろん全人類に共通のものです。どの人の奥にも眠っている最高のこころです。


私は佐藤康行先生のYSメソッドで、真我=本当の自分に出会い、それまで眠っていた素晴らしい自分自身に気が付き、それと同時に起こるさまざまな現実での変化を体験し、人間のもつ可能性に驚かずにはいられませんでした。


そして気が付くと、「本当の自分」を開発する真我開発セミナーやワークショップの講師としてさまざまな国の人と出会い、奇跡のような体験を目の当たりにし、たくさんの感動をいただいています。


私のミタ日本人と外国人


外国の方々とワークショップをしていると、それだけでとても面白い発見がいろいろとあります。今日はちょっとそのことを書きます。

当然のことですが、国や文化によって人との接し方、あいさつの仕方、マナーや礼儀など大きく異なります。

わかっていながらも、日本人の私にとって、違う文化をもつ人達の前で話をするのは、実は毎回ドキドキです。

微妙なニュワンスが伝わっただろうか?
たとえ話は分かりやすかっただろうか?
やり方は理解してくれただろうか?

そんな思いで講話や説明をするのですが、まず気になるのは外国の人の話のきき方です。

日本人なら、たいていは真っすぐ椅子に腰をかけ(もちろんリラックスしている人もいますが、、)うなずきながら素直に話を聞いてくれます。

なかには優しいまなざしで大きくうなずきながら聞いてくれる人もいますし、途中で話を遮ることもほとんどありません。

一方、外国人なかでも欧米人の多くは、とても正直というか、まわりに合わせることなく思たまま自己主張をします。

そして、聞いている時は終止のけぞった姿勢で足を組み、ただじっと睨みつけるかのようにこちらを見たまま話を聞いています。日本人のようにうなずいて話を聞くという習慣がないから彼らには普通のことなのですが、、。


正直、この雰囲気はちょっと苦手で、とても話しにくく緊張してしまいます。。

しかし、不思議なことにそんな時にスイッチが入るのです。私が固まってしまってはおしまいなので、気付くとオーバーめに身振り手振りをしながら話をしたり、最大の笑顔で体当たりしている自分がいるのに驚きます。


また、面白いのは、説明のために例え話や簡単な質問を投げかけたりするのですが、これも度々予想外の答えが外国人から返ってきます。

あるワークの説明のたとえ話で、「皆さんなら金と木の棒のどちらがどちらがほしいですか?」なんて聞くと、日本人なら素直に全員が「金」とこたえるところ、あるインド人の男性は「私は自然が大好きだから、丸太ん棒を選ぶ。金は要らない。」、横にいたアメリカ人は「時と場合によるな。」とあっさり答えていました。
思わずギクッとしました。

こんなに考え方や反応も人種によってちがうのに、ワークを進めていく中で心をどんどん掘り下げていくと、やはり人間として同じ一つのことろに必ずたどりつくところが不思議です。

頭でどんなことを考えていようと、過去にどんな経験をしてどんな価値観をもって生きていようと皆んな同じものを求めていて、さらには同じ一つなんだということが明らかに見えてきます。

明日は、ロサンゼルスでのセミナー中に体験したことをおつたえします。