Friday, January 30, 2015

Let Go Of What You Cling To.Ⅲ

(日本語は英語の後にあります!)
Hello, I'm Kazu who translates Mr. Sato's words into English.

Today, I'll write the further story about my experience of letting go of my attachment to my daughter.
(This continued story is about my daughter who refused to go to school when she was in the 1st grade.)

In the next morning, my daughter was still in her bed with a gloomy face and said that she was feeling sick. However, it was the moment when I suddenly realized the meaning of what Mr. Sato had said to me!

What he told me on the previous day was that my daughter was just all right and she was not my child but a child of God. (The word "God" here doesn't mean any religious god, but the perfect nature inside of her.)

I could suddenly feel that she was all right. My worries and anxiety have gone at the same time!

To my surprise, I looked to her and found she was smiling in her bed with pink cheeks. I was really astonished to see the change occurring!! From that day, she started to go to school again as if nothing had happened.

Now I'll illustrate what happened to me and my daughter. Mr. Sato says that you have to let go of attachment to your child (both mentally and physically), if you want to be successful in raising your child. He also says that it is the parents who undermine child's growth in many cases.

Because parents' strong desires for their child such as "go to a good school""find a good job""Don't lose"etc...result from not true love but parents' egoistic love. Those parents unconsciously believe that children are their precious possessions deep down inside.

They raise their children with their value as if they enjoy growing Bonsai by cultivating and shaping a small tree in a pot. Children would lose the power of natural development.

Mr. Sato also says that each one of us has a huge potential to grow and a unique personality by nature. What parents should do is to maximize it to the fullest.

In my case I realized the cause of her refusal of going to school was my mind that was full of worries and anxiety. Those worries were attributed to my strong wishes and desires for her. Now I look back and think that I really attached myself to my daughter.

Mr. Sato's words awaked me. When I found my deep true love as well as her own force which are more valuable, I could let go of all the attachment to her. As a result, the problem resolved itself.

It was one of my unforgettable events where I knew how much what we have in our mind impacts on our reality.


執着心を手放すⅢ


昨日に引き続き、私自身が娘に対する執着心を捨てた体験を書きます。
(娘が小1の頃、不登校になった時の事です。)

そして、次の日の朝いつものように娘を起こすと、娘はやはり青白い顔をして具合い悪いと言い、布団から出ようとしません。その時、前日に佐藤先生から聞いた言葉の意味が急に分かり始めたのです!

「子供は私の子ではない、神様の子だ」って言われた言葉の意味が。(神様というのは娘の中に内在している完璧な生命力のことです。)

急に自分の中から、娘に対して「もう大丈夫だ!」と完全に思える心が出てきたのです。何か憑き物が落ちたように自分の中から不安が消えた瞬間でした。

驚いたことに、そのとき娘の方を見ると、少し前まで青白く暗い表情を浮かべていたのに、急にピンク色の頬をしてニコッと微笑んでいるではありませんか!!本当にびっくりしました!実は、その日から登校できるようになったのです。

では、一体どういう事が起こったのか説明します。

佐藤先生は子供をキチンと育てたければ子供を捨てなさいといいます。また、すくすく育つ子供を台無しにするのは親だとも。つまり、親の子供に対する思い、「自分が産んだ子どもだから、自分のもの」という所有意識が執着の愛を生み出しているのです。

親の願望通りに「いい学校に入れ」、「いい会社に就職しろ」、「〜に負けるな」というのはこの所有意識からくる執着心です。

まるで盆栽をチョキチョキ切って、それを「美」として鑑賞するようなものなのです。すると子どもは身動きがとれなくなってしまいます。

一人ひとりが天から与えられた個性に目覚め、それを十分に生かして生きていく事が大事だと佐藤先生は言っています。

私の場合、娘が学校に行けなくなったのは、私の娘に対する執着心からくる不安や心配が原因だったということがはっきりとわかりました。

佐藤先生の言葉が私の深い心に届いたのだと思います。より価値のある深い心の自分が、娘の本当の生命力に気がつき、浅い部分の不安や心配といった心が消えていったのだと感じました。

「心」が全ての現実に影響しているということを身をもって体験した出来事でした。